The learners at Lime Academy Hornbeam are proud of being a part of the school. Although we believe that encouraging learners to wear uniform enhances their feelings of belonging, we understand that not all learners are able to tolerate wearing a uniform. Through our uniform and dress code we aim to:
• Encourage pride in our academy
• Support teaching and learning
• Enable pupils to be comfortable, safe and secure
• Encourage a sense of equality and belonging
Where to buy:
You can purchase key items of the uniform online with MyClothing.com. Click here for a link to their website
We would recommend that all learner’s clothing is named.
Where there are particular medical or religious reasons that make it difficult for parents/carers to adhere to the Uniform Policy, please do not hesitate to discuss the matter with the Headteacher.
We will apply the Uniform Policy flexibly as we understand that learners can be anxious about wearing a uniform.
Jewellery / Headwear
The safety of your young person is important to the school. No jewellery should be worn to school except for one pair of stud earrings (no multiple studs) and a small plain watch. All items should be removed for any PE activity.
Caps or hats are not to be worn inside or any part of the school building. Traditional headwear associated with a learner's own religious practices are permitted.
Please ensure that each item of your child’s clothing is named. Learners are expected, where possible, to look after their own clothing. Named clothing that is found around the school will be returned to its owner. However, we are very unlikely to be able to reunite un-named items with their owners. The school does not have a legal liability to replace or reimburse for pupils’ clothing or other properly when it has been stolen or lost in school.
Click here to view our complete uniform policy.
• Grey / Black Trousers
• Grey / Black Jogging Bottoms
• Grey / Black Shorts
• Grey / Black Skirt
• Navy blue and white gingham school dress
• White Polo Shirt / Navy Blue Polo Shirt
• Navy blue jumper / sweatshirt / cardigan / fleece with the Lime Academy Hornbeam logo (These items can be purchased from My Clothing (website: myclothing.com)
• Grey / Black / White Socks
• Grey / Black Tights
• Sensible, flat black shoes, boots or trainers
• Headwear for cultural or religious reasons may be worn, e.g. Hijab, Turban etc., but must be plain in colour. Outdoor hats should be removed inside the school premises but helmets / hats worn for medical / physiotherapy purposes are permitted.
All items of school uniform must be clearly named to ensure their safe return. The school does not accept responsibility for misplaced items.